million British abroad want their votes back!
British in EU want their Brexit Referendum votes back,
stolen by Parliament.
Sign Quickly. Petition will be printed
& posted very soon.
Short Petition to the Queen, (references British in
Or Shorter, (omits mention of
British in Munich).
Why Votes Abroad Became More Important: Brexit
Makes Brexit margin
claims seem fraudulent, courtesy of a gerrymandering
- Maybe some British abroad previously tolerated that the
British Parliament had stolen their General Election votes
for years, as a new election comes every few years, & one
would come up a few years after any return to the UK.
- But when Britain conducted an ill informed low margin
Brexit referendum after stealing votes of British abroad,
& then pursued a hard chaotic Brexit, that would impact
& them not just for a general election term, but for the
rest of their lives, British abroad became increasingly
- British Parliament stole 3,700,000 votes
from British citizens globally, inc 700,000+ in EU,
before the Brexit referendum, from All those abroad over 15
years ie the British in the EU who knew most about the EU !
Stupidly dis-enfranchising the most knowledgeable
- All European countries except Britain & Eire let
citizens vote abroad, + USA & Turkey & many other
countries too. : Britain is _less_ democratic than most
- When [If?] Britain forces Brexit through & itself out
of the EU, British abroad will also loose their last
representation: MEPs (Members Of the European Parliament) No
one in Britain or EU will then represent them. Britain will
have totally stolen _All_ representation from British Abroad
- & Britain still pretends it's a democracy !
- If this is your first use of a Mailman
server, if you want you could first have a try with the
list but it's not necessary, most just sign
- It would be inappropriate for someone to sign
who is Not a British citizen or UK resident. ( Sundry Eire
& commonwealth citizens if resident in UK can also vote
- You do NOT need to be abroad to sign
or post this. British in the UK are encouraged to sign
too, & they also have their own MPs they can contact
(just as "Votes For
Women" campaign needed men's support a century ago, so
today British Abroad need support of British in the UK.
- Please use your normal human name, eg Julian H.
Stacey Not a weird disguised email alias address. Let the
Queen recognise we're normal people with a valid case, not
weirdos disguising themselves. The server will test your
email address to make sure it works. We may discard obvious
non human names.
- Please only sign
once. Please suggest to others to sign
Please conform to the wording "I am a British citizen or
UK resident" (on parliament
petition "Hold a referendum on the final Brexit
deal" & "Give
all British citizens living abroad the right to vote and
- After your name, please append a colon (':') then town
& country, or UK constituency (just like parliament
- Petition votes-sign
is in form of a silent mail list, as that mechanism is
already working well here, plus it allows verification of
email addresses, before it's forwarded to the Queen's staff
who may want to do spot checks.
- It also allows us if necessary to ask you to transfer to
another replacement petition site, or to ask you to approve a
possible change of wording, etc.
Change/ Removal Of Your Address:
- Most unusual for normal petitions, this server also
allows you to update your address, or rescind your assent
if you change your mind; But only while your old original
email address still works!
- If you will change your email address, remove
yourself from the petition before your old address ceases
to work. Then sign
up with new address.
- In case you fumble that, please use exactly the same
human name as before, to help spot duplicates,
does not have a feature displaying names of last people to sign,
that costs effort, usually paid by commercial servers
carrying adverts or selling lists, or goverment petition
sites funded by taxes. Berklix is non
commercial, no adverts, & no lists sold etc.
doesn't have the UK parliament's (& others) annoying
limited software that only allows UK postcodes.
- This petition is Not crippled by a timeout race to reach
critical mass, unlike eg UK Parliament's official petition
web site where all get thrown away after 6 months (so
petitions with fat publicity budgets or viral social media
sites are more likely to succeed there).
- Once critical mass is reached here, you may be mailed,
& asked to sign
an official petition, perhaps on another site, possibly
another in coalition of British Abroad web sites, or even the
parliament's petitions web site (though it's debatable if one
would trust the parliament that stole 3.7 million votes,
& runs a referendum web site that is crippled to obstruct
use & statistics from outside the UK.
- Other than above, there's no plans to use your email
addresses, & certainly not to sell list.
- Please print & post or edit your own, link, create
similar content, or forward to friends or groups etc.
- Could be in form of individual letters letter writing
campaigns, or petitions.
- You're welcome to contact author to exchange
& maintain links etc.
- Do you know journalists it would interest ? Please send
them a copy, or the web ref www.berklix.eu/queen/
- Though the Queen may be
unlikely to see individual letters, hopefully her staff will
pass on the gist. More chance the more people send copies or
If you think eg
"The Queen cannot
interfere with what the government decides, much as she might
or probably would like to."
- Not So, Think again:
- Whether she will help, we won't know until we ask, &
publicise to increase requests.
- The Monarch's non participation in politics is a recent
convention that may change, especially in a crisis.
Constitution of the United Kingdom - Royal prerogative -
Domestic powers - The power to dismiss and appoint a Prime
Minister etc - some published by government in 2004.
- The Government's purchased Irish alliance may
- Brexit or other issues may cause schism[s] in
- The Monarch chooses who to invite to try to create a
government coalition. Monarch doesn't have to invite leader
of largest minority party. Monarchs have also invited others
to see if capable of forming a working government even
without a majority.
- The Queen could
certainly have a strong word with weak PM May, who instigated
dissolution of parliament & called a snap election, lost
her majority, & depends on 10 N. Irish
DUP votes at "extra
£(GBP) 1bn over the next two
- A monarch can stop, or delay granting Royal Assent to
bills passed by parliament. There's particular cause for an
undemocratic rump Parliament not representing 3.7 million
- A Monarch could create more Lords, the latter has been
done several times before in times of constitutional
- London, The mega economy of the UK doesn't want Brexit:
Job pull outs already, more to come.
2017-08-09: Ex Chancellor Darling 'Alarm bells ringing' for
UK economy - `he was concerned it was now starting to
slow down again and that Brexit was causing "massive
- Scotland doesn't want Brexit
- Southern England property market under pressure from
Brexit as bankers & others flee London to Europe.
- With the
pound crashing to new lows since 1.3
€(EUR) / £(GBP) on
2016-06-23 more British in UK are realising Brexit was a
mistake (holidays & imports up, (& UK won't be
exporting cheap to EU if no trade deal)).
- British in EU don't want Brexit (& had their votes stolen by British
- British in UK don't realise the deep anger & disgust
among British in Europe, over Britain's stealing their votes,
+ disregard for rights of Britons in EU, & + May's hard
Brexit negotiation rolling disaster for British abroad:
Problems of job/ residence permits etc that may expire as
Britain exits EU, pension rights, health treatment etc.
- Exports are built on trust: British exports will be
harder while British Abroad tell colleagues abroad:
"Why trust the least democratic country in Europe,
that stole 3.7 million votes from the Brexit
- May's hard Brexit negotiations are on course to fail, as
monitored by British abroad, failure may force millions of EU
British back to Britain, jobless, a financial burden on
britain, & millions of Europeans out of UK, impacting UK
skills, services & tax revenue base.
- There's little chance to negotiate an exit settlement
& sufficient new trade deals in the remaining part of 2
years, to replace previous structures that took 44 years to
build. (UK Joined EU 1 January
1973 EU would need to approve any new deal UK & EU
negotiators might agree, by at least 20 of
the 27 countries with 65% of the population
Could the UK split ? Yes Possibly, probably not, but it's
Reject May's Lie: "We must abide by a democratic
- Full democracy ceased when Parliament stole 3.7 million
- Democracy failed when the British Parliament stole
Referendum votes from 700,000+ British
already in Europe, whom Brexit would hit hardest.
- PM Theresa May falsely asserted "democratic
decision" in her UK article 50 letter to the EU. 3.7 million
abroad could not vote, it was Not democratic.
million British abroad, at 68,000
electors per MP should have 51 MPs representing British
abroad. British abroad have No MPs representing them.
- Britain is not democratic, just a partial rump democracy,
& less democratic than any other country in EU except
Eire (Only UK & Eire steal votes from citizens abroad, no
other EU country does.
American abroad can vote. Turks in Germany can vote, yet
Britain steals votes from British citizens
- While Britain steals the votes of its own British
citizens, Britain gives votes to citizens of the independent
state of Eire & Commonwealth countries who are resident
in the UK.
References within the Brexit page on this